About Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Bachelor of Business Administration, popularly referred to as the BBA course is a three-year degree course that provides theoretical and practical knowledge to an aspirant in the fields of commerce, business and administration. It helps them develop their business acumen and entrepreneurial insights so that they can become effective leaders and managers in future. Good communication skills, interest in problem-solving and an inclination towards teamwork and time management are some of the traits that can help a student during the BBA course.
Apart from a general BBA degree course, a lot of commerce/management colleges in India offer BBA with a specialization option such as BBA (Human Resources), BBA (Banking & Insurance), BBA (Information Technology) etc.
A regular BBA degree course can cost a candidate anywhere between Rs. 25,000 - Rs. 5 lakh depending on the college/university he/she enrols into.
BBA Course Details
- BBA course admission is done on the basis of entrance exams as well as on the basis of merit.
- Some of the common BBA entrance exams are IPU CET, DU JAT, NPAT, etc.
- India has about 5000 BBA colleges.
- According to NIRF Rankings Top BBA Colleges in India are NMIMS Mumbai, SSCBS New Delhi, IIM Rohtak, ICFAI Hyderabad, etc.
- BBA dual degree courses are also available like BBA LLB Course which is a 5 years long course where both the courses are taught independently.
- BBA Distance Education is available in India for students who are unable to pursue a regular MBA degree.
- BBA Distance Education fees is around INR 20,000 to INR 60,000 which is less than regular BBA Course.
- IGNOU is one of the best institutions for distance education in India.
- IGNOU BBA is 3 years long and the fees is INR 60,000.
- BBA Specializations include BBA in Banking and Insurance, BBA in Human Resources, BBA in Finance etc.
- BBA Fee ranges from INR 50,000-2 Lacs per annum and the average annual salary after BBA is between INR 2-8 LPA.
- Some of the top BBA Jobs are Business Development Executive, Marketing Associate, Travel and Tourism Manager, Event Manager, etc.
- Students have the option of studying BBA abroad which helps them to complete their MBA degree from the respective country.
|BBA Course||Bachelor of Business Administration|
|BBA Admission||Merit and Entrance Based|
|BBA Entrance Exams||DU JAT, IPU CET, NPAT|
|BBA Colleges||DU, NMIMS Mumbai, SSCBS New Delhi, IIM Rohtak, ICFAI Hyderabad|
|BBA Specializations||BBA Finance, BBA Marketing, BBA International Business|
|BBA IGNOU||INR 60,000|
|BBA Average Fees||INR 50,000 – INR 2,00,000|
Who should Pursue BBA?
Like all courses, BBA course requires certain skills to pursue. Some of the BBA skills required are mentioned below.
- BBA degree is ideal for candidates who want to pursue MBA or get into the Management sector.
- Candidates aspiring to open their own business or become an entrepreneur can opt for the BBA course.
- Passionate and Ethical individuals who are true to themselves can do this course and try their hand in business.
- The course helps one in understanding the market requirements and various global trends. This BBA skill is good for those who are thinking of entering the market sector.
Students who want to work in business administration and see themselves do an MBA Course over the course of time should definitely do this course.
When to pursue BBA?
- BBA, as any other courses, should be chosen carefully by the candidates to achieve the desired result.
- BBA would be the stepping stone for candidates who want to pursue and excel in the Management field.
- BBA will impart the basic knowledge of the MBA course curricular, thus making it a perfect choice for MBA aspirants.
- Over the years, the demand for BBA candidates has gone up in both government and private job sectors.
Types of BBA
With the growing demand for BBA degree, colleges across India have started catering different types of BBA to the aspirants. Apart from regular BBA, students have the opportunity to pursue Online BBA and BBA distance education.
|Types of BBA||Eligibility||Admission||Average Fees (INR)|
|BBA Full-time||10+2 with 50% marks||Merit/Entrance Exam Based||INR 60,000- 1.8 Lakhs|
|BBA Part-Time||10+2||Merit Based||INR 45,000|
|BBA Online||10+2||Merit Based||INR 27,000|