D Pharmacy Quick facts
1. To be eligible to apply to this course, students must have passed Class 12 or equivalent in a relevant discipline from a recognized board with an aggregate of at least 50% marks.
2. Admission to D Pharma courses is either entrance or merit-based. The most popular entrance tests are GPAT, JEE Pharmacy etc.
3. The average tuition fee charged by colleges or universities for this course in India lies anywhere between INR 10,000 and 1,00,000 per annum. The fee varies as per the type of the institution. Check top D Pharma colleges here.
4. After completing this course, students will be able to find work in various private and public sectors as a Pharmacist, Scientific Officer, Quality Analyst, Production Executive, Medical Transcriptionist etc. Also check top D Pharma Jobs here.
5. Average initial salary offered to a Pharmacy diploma holder ranges somewhere between INR 2,00,000 and 5,00,000 per annum, which may increase with the number of years of work experience and knowledge in the field
6. On completion of this course, students can pursue higher studies and advanced academic exploration through B Pharma and other Diploma courses. This course essentially provides a solid basis for further studies and related prospects.
About Diploma in Pharmacy
Diploma in Pharmacy is a 2 years long career-oriented, entry-level diploma course. Students who wish to pursue a long term career in the medical field of pharmaceutical sciences, starting in entry-level positions are suitable for this course.
This program is designed to prepare candidates to work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist in hospitals, community pharmacies, and other pharmaceutical-related fields. Candidates can also pursue MBA Pharmaceutical Management after this course, though they would need to complete their bachelors first.
Why D Pharmacy
D.Pharmacy as a course has its own set of advantages as well as opportunities that provides an edge over other job scopes and roles. Some of the basic reasons for pursue D.Pharm courses are,
1. Social Responsibility: Pharmacists play an important role in the society as they define the health care sector. They contribute towards the health and welfare of the people of a society
2. Career Options: Pharmacists can work in organizations such as Hospitals, Nursing homes, Colleges and the medical industry as a whole
3. Career Growth: Healthcare is an ever growing and non static career. Candidates in healthcare career have a vast opportunity in terms of growth and development
4. Flexibility: Since it is a 24*7 job, one can opt from working for either a day shift or a night shift.
Who Should do an D Pharmacy
1. Students who wish to make a career in the healthcare sector are most suitable and preferred in a course such as D.Pharmacy.
2. For pursuing D.Pharmacy students must have cleared their +2 in Science stream with a minimum 50% aggregate.
3. Candidates with Research skills, Analytical skills are most suitable for D.Pharmacy course.
D.Pharm Course Highlights
The highlights of the D.Pharm course are as follows:
|Course Fee||INR 4,000 to INR 4 Lakhs|
|Minimum Aggregate Score Requirement||45%- 55%|
|Selection Process||Merit-Based/ Entrance Exam|
|Employment Sectors||Govt. Hospitals, Clinics, Private Hospitals, Nursing Homes, etc|
Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharma) Eligibility Criteria
Check out the eligibility for D.Pharm course in detail below:
1. Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent to be eligible for D.Pharm admissions.
2. A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.
D.Pharma Admission Process:
1. Admission to Diploma in Pharmacy is done on the basis of entrance exams conducted by universities that offer this course or through state-level diploma entrance tests.
2. Candidates must have passed class 12 exams with science in order to take admission in this programme.
3. Some institutes also offer direct admissions to these courses i.e. without conducting entrance or state level exams.