About Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
Bachelor of Hotel Management is an undergraduate program which imparts knowledge about various skills and fundamentals of hospitality and its different sectors. India is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. There’s no doubt about the fact that hotel industry plays a crucial role in the hospitality industry. Hence, there is a great demand for hotel management professionals who have studied about the hotel industry as a whole and have adequate knowledge about other essential factors such as hospitality, public relations, customer service, sales, marketing and others.
Students who are planning to pursue BHM must have good communication and organizational skills. Along with this, they should have a pleasing personality and an ability to interact with people and make them feel comfortable. BHM course is usually divided into six to eight semesters, but may vary from institute to institute.
Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum Qualification Required: 10+2
- Minimum Marks Required: 50% to 60%
- Age Requirement: The upper limit for the course is 22 years for the general category and 25 years for reserved category.
BHM Admission Process:
- Admission to the BHM program is on the basis of UGAT - Under Graduate Aptitude Test conduct by AIMA, All India Management Association.
- Some of the private universities like Christ University & GD Goenka School of Hospitality conduct their own entrance tests.
- Few colleges also offer merit-based admissions on the basis of class 12th results like Manipal University.