About B.Sc Information Technology (IT)
B.Sc. IT (Information Technology) is an undergraduate degree that can be completed in 3 years. Information technology is all about storing, processing and managing information of an organisation. B.Sc. IT course is designed to help students understand the process of managing huge data and information of an organisation, analyse the performance of the computer system and servers and ensure secure transfer of data in a network.
Students who have an interest in networking, network security system, communication, database management, Information technology systems can join the course. The course is designed keeping in mind the need of the industry and the need to manage bulk data that is produced in organisation on a daily basis.
B.Sc IT graduates become professionals who have analytical and logical thinking abilities to solve real-time problems in the IT field. They have the knowledge to identify problems in the IT and infrastructure, analyse them and also find solutions for the same.
What is BSc IT?
BSc IT program revolves around the field of Information Technology, which is essentially about storing, processing, securing, and managing information. Networks, software development and testing, information databases, and programming, etc. are some of the subjects of study covered in the course. The course can be pursued on any full-time and part-time basis in India.
- BSc IT focuses on the field of Information Technology and the various subjects that are related to it.
- The BSc IT students will get to know the different ways by which bulk information can be managed, stored, and secured.
- Some of the important subjects that are covered in the course are Web Programming, Computer Fundamentals and Emerging Technology, Computer Organization and Architecture, Networking, and Internet Environment.
- The course is offered on both full-time as well as part-time basis.
- BSc IT graduates will be able to perform various technological tasks related to the management of data and information.
BSc IT Highlights
|Full-form||Bachelor of Science in Information Technology|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% marks in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the main subjects|
|Admission Process||Merit-based or Entrance Test|
|Course Fee||INR 90,000- INR 4.3 Lakhs|
|Average Salary||INR 2-4 Lakhs per annum|
|Job Positions||Programmers, Oracle PL/SQL Developer, IT Specialists, Software Developer, Technology Engineer, Technical Consultant, Graphic Designer.|
|Top Recruiters||Educational Institutes, Hospitals, Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry, Environmental Management and Conservation, Testing Laboratories, Forensic Crime Research Research Firms, etc.|
Why Study BSc IT?
The BSc IT course can give you a very bright future. Here are a few reasons why you should take up a BSc IT course:
- The students will have a deep understanding of ways of managing and securing huge amounts of data.
- They will get to know about subjects like software development, networking, databases, and programming.
- As the IT industries are growing rapidly, you need not face a lot of difficulty in acquiring a well-paid job.
- The average salary earned by an IT fresher is around 2-4 Lakhs per annum. Your income will increase with experience.
- A student can also opt for an academic career and teach at various academic institutes. He/She can also go for research activities.
- After completing this course you can also opt for government, well-paid, and reputed job positions.
Types of Degree Courses Available
- Full-time: This is a full fledged on campus degree course that provides the student with all the required knowledge and skills about a particular stream or subject. Colleges like Calcutta University, Delhi University, Kirori Mal, Miranda House and others provide MA Full time degree courses.
- Part-Time: Part-time degree is the provision of completing the degree course with more time. Most colleges provide Part-time degrees along with full-time degrees. Colleges like Jamia Milia University and Jawaharlal Nehru University provide part time degrees to students.
- Distance Education: Distance Education colleges provide the option of completing a degree course while also working. This is the most flexible form of degree course. Colleges like IGNOU, Annamalai University , Karnataka State Open University , Osmania University , University of Mumbai provide MA Distance Education
BSc IT Eligibility
In order to be eligible for the B.Sc. IT course, the following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled:
- The students must complete his/her 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board with 50% marks.
- He/She must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their main subjects in 10+2.
- You need to appear for a few of the entrance exams conducted by different colleges and universities offering this course.
BSc IT Admission Process
The admission to BSc IT courses will depend on the marks you secure in your 10+2 examination. Some colleges also admit students on the basis of their performance in the entrance test. Every college has its own procedure for admission. The admission forms are released after the results of the 10+2 examinations are declared. The details can be obtained from the official websites for the colleges/ universities.
You can apply for BSc IT colleges through merit also. Few of these merit-based BSc IT offering colleges invite applications for admissions. You can apply in these colleges through both online and offline modes of application. You need to submit your details in the form including personal details, educational qualifications, and others. After the final payment of the application fee, you need to wait for the merit list released by the colleges and universities.
Few colleges and universities also conduct their own aptitude test at the college level whereas there are some national level entrance exams too. After qualifying the examination, candidates are called for counseling and group discussion rounds.