BSc Food Technology Career Prospects
Qualified graduates in Food Technology can easily get jobs in sectors such as Food Packaging Companies, Food Processing Companies, food manufacturing industries, food research laboratories etc.
- Students who are graduating in Food Technology also move forward in laboratory-based careers in clinical or technical roles not involving research.
- There are a large number of job opportunities for those who want to pursue their career in the field of Food Technology.
- Students can opt for various jobs such as Production Managers, Food Development Manager, Food Packaging Manager, Food Safety Auditors etc.
- BSc Food Technology graduates can also opt for a job as a food writer and write articles for magazines, journals, books and television shows.
Some of the popular professional jobs available to B.Sc. Food Technology graduates along with the corresponding salaries are provided in the table given below:
||Average Annual Salary
||The main job of a food technologist is to explore and grow new items and contribute in working towards enhancing the nature of existing food items.
||Organic Chemists tend to study and analyse the carbon-containing molecules. The Chemists need to characterize, produce and find applications for organic molecules. They also perform calculations and chemical reactions in order to enhance the food quality.
||Technical Brewer’s job is to handle a variety of specialized and administrative journeys which includes checking of the blending procedure, managing and maintaining the hardware involved.
||Production Managers are known for creating and executing plans for surveying, assessing, arranging and tallying plans of expenditure and time scales with customers and other managers.
||The Purchasing Manager’s job is to design and facilitate the work of purchasers and specialists. They are known for ensuring that their organization secures the best quality and quantity of raw material for food.
BSc Food Technology Salary Trends
Students who have completed B.Sc. Food Technology program are offered with a large number of job opportunities. The salary trends of some of the top posts that B.Sc. Food Technology post graduates can opt for are given below:
BSc Food Technology Future Scope
On completion of BSc Food Technology, candidates can opt for a wide range of professions.
- With the help of B.Sc. Food Technology degree, students will be able to make their career as a Food Technologist, Organic Chemist, Technical Brewer, Production Manager etc. The scope in this discipline is rising at a fast pace and will continue to do so in future also.
- There are several areas both in the private as well as in the public sector where a B.Sc. Food Technology postgraduates may start working.
Career Options After BSc Food Technology
On completion of this course, there are a large number of job opportunities and career options. Students can choose any of the careers as per their skills and interests. Some of the topmost career choices after completion of B.Sc. Food Technology program are provided below:
- MSc Food technology : After pursuing B.Sc. Food Technology program, one can also opt M.Sc. Food Technology program. It is always recommended to go for further studies after pursuing this program as otherwise, it won’t be that fruitful.
- M. Tech Food Technology : Candidates can also pursue M.Tech program in Food Technology if they wish to pursue a technical higher education.
So, B.Sc. Food Technology offers numerous attractive career options and you can choose according to your skills and areas of interest.
You can go for higher studies or you can also opt for a decent job. It all depends on you whether you want to do the job after completing this course or you wish to study further.