About B.Sc Food Technology
Bachelor of Science or BSc in Food Technology is a full-time undergraduate program which is of 3-year duration. This program involves an advanced study of techniques and activities which are involved in preserving, processing and manufacturing of food.
BSc Food Technology is basically the combination of engineering, food science, hotel management and home science.
In order to be eligible to apply to this program, candidates must have passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Home Science as compulsory subjects with an aggregate of at least 50% marks (45% for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC Candidates).
Key Highlights for BSc Food Technology
- Full Form: Bachelor of Science, Food Technology.
- Duration: 3 years.
- Minimum Eligibility: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Admission Process: Depends on the university. Both merit based and entrance based admission modes are available.
Top BSc Food Technology Entrance Exams:
- Central Food Technology Research Institute entrance exam.
- Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology Entrance Exam.
- Top Universities: Andra University, Mahatma Gandhi University, Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology.
- Distance Education or Correspondence: No
- Top BSc Food Technology Career Prospects: Food Technologist, Organic Chemist, Technical Brewist.
- Top Courses after BSc Food Technology: MSc Food Technology, MTech Food Technology.
Admission to this program will be done based on the candidate's performance in the entrance exam. However, some institutes/universities also offer admission on the basis of merit, prepared on the basis of candidate’s marks in Class 12 examination.
BSc Food Technology Admission Process
- Most of the institutes and colleges offering BSc Food Technology program admit students based on their performance in the entrance examination conducted by the admission authorities followed by subsequent admission rounds.
- However, some universities/ colleges offer admission to this program based on the candidate's performance in the Class 12 examination.
- In order to get direct admission to BSc Food Technology course, candidates are required to score good marks in both Class 12 examination and the entrance exam.
- The universities will prepare a merit list on the basis of class 12 marks and entrance exam marks.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for document verification.
- After the successful verification of documents, the candidates will be offered admission to the course.