Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharma) is a four-year undergraduate program in which students study the methods and process of preparing drugs and how does the dispensing of medicine and drugs take place. Anyone who aspires to be a pharmacist today, it is mandatory for them to undertake this course so that they have thorough and in-depth knowledge of the science of the medicine.
It is a four-year-long course and is mainly divided into 6-8 semesters, depending upon the coursework and practical sessions. B.Pharma imparts useful knowledge about biochemical science and healthcare business. Students during their coursework have to perform various practicals and experiment.
The regulatory body for the program is Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), which is responsible for laying down all norms and regulations for the B.Pharma course. The course enables candidates to practice the profession of a Pharmacist after graduation. B.Pharmacy degree has a lot of scope and is going to flourish more in the coming years as there is a great demand for healthcare professionals who can prepare drugs to battle a number of diseases and deficiencies.
Why study B.Pharmacy?
B.Pharmacy is a very sought after degree course and is in high demand. Apart from high packages and chances to work with top recruiters such as Glenmark, Cipla etc, there are various other perks of pursuing B.Pharmacy degree, such as a job of Medical Writer, Clinical Research Associate, Drug Safety Associate etc.
Why should we do B.Pharmacy?
There are various reasons to pursue B.Pharmacy, they are as follows
1. Students who aspire to make it big in pharmaceutical industry, this degree to help them step closer to their dream
2. B.Pharmacy promises high salary for individuals who strive to work hard with their own capabilities
3. Students who have planned their future with the pharmaceutical industry should definitely pursue this course
When to do B.Pharmacy?
B,Pharmacy though is a professional degree course, but is a step closer for aspiring minds to work in the pharmaceutical industry.
1. Without a proper degree, students won’t be allowed to venture into the depths of this industry, so once a student has decided to step into the pharmaceutical industry they can pursue the course
2. Due to the incentives as well as high salary package, B.Pharmacy is a go to course for a lot of students.
B.Pharmacy Important and Recommended Books
Mentioned below are few list of books that are recommended for B.Pharmacy course, they are as follows:
|Name of the Books||Author|
|Pharmaceutical Microbiology||W.B. Hugo and A.D. Russel|
|Experimental Pharmaceutics||Eugene, Parott|
|Textbook of Pharmaceutical Chemistry||Bentley and Driver|
|Textbook of Medical Physiology||Arthur C, Guyton and John. E. Hall|
|Textbook of Quantitative Inorganic Analysis||A.I.Vogel|
|Principles of Anatomy and Physiology||Tortora Grabowski|